ear the country path called Strada del Poeta sits the hamlet which bears the
same name dominating the upper Tiber Valley midway between Città di Castello
and Umbertide, looking across at the fine medieval village of Montone.
group of houses grew up around a military tower, circa 1500, built along the border
between Tuscany and Umbria, on the Umbrian side.
The Chapel, dedicated
to Santa Lucia, dates back to 1707 and its erection completed the gradual growth
of the original settlement into a true hamlet.
The Chapel, built in the typical
simple style of the period, contains its original monolithic altar stone.
Il Poeta is made up of six houses and the tiny Chapel of Santa Lucia: